Monday, February 23, 2009

Your oscar thoughts

I really enjoyed reading your oscar thought. Very insightful and very entertaining. I agree with a lot of what you said, however, i have come to the conclusion that i do respectfully disagree with one thing. I have been thinking about this for a long time and i have concluded that i don't think animated films should be able to be considered for best picture. I have come to this conclusion because i believe they are two totally different art forms that require two totally different processes. But mainly because with live action there are limitations, and there are degrees of difficulties with getting certain shots or certain angles, or getting certain things to do certain things. But with animation you can just draw or animate it. You can basically do whatever you want. Take Sunset Boulevard for example. In the opening scene where he is filmed in the pool from the bottom of the pool. That shot is amazing because they didn't have underwater camera's back then so they had to position mirrors and film the mirrors. Whereas with animation they just draw it. Not the same challenges and not the same thing in my opinion. Does that make sense? Anyway, my point is basically that i just don't think they are comparable so they can't really be put in the same category. But that is just my opinion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment